Kiteboarding (aka Kitesurfing)
Learning to Kiteboard can be easy with the correct professional instruction.
All you need is a controllable power kite, a kiteboard and a big stretch
of water. Add the magic ingredient - WIND, and away you go.
Kiteaddicts kiteboarding courses will get you up and running safely and
effectively. All courses follow the international IKO Kiteboarder standards.
Previous boarding or sailing experience will accelerate the learning
curve, but even without it 'kite control' & 'body dragging' techniques
only require a sense of adventure. If you can swim more than 25 metres
- you will have no troubles during training. We can provide everything
you'll need during the course.
Options & Pricing
The pricing for our kiteboarding courses is shown below. A fixed price
is charged for the Introduction to Kiteboarding and IKO courses are charged
on an hourly basis as progression will depend on each students ability.
- Intro to Kiteboarding: $150 (2 hours)
- 4 hour IKO course: $300 ($75/hour)
- 8 hour IKO course: $560 ($70/hour)
- 12 hour IKO course: $780 ($65/hour)
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
- Session durations during any of the courses will vary between 2-4
IKO Kiteboarder Workbook
Each student participating in an IKO course will be given a kiteboarders
work book; this workbook complements the course and will help you to become
independent and safe wherever you decide to ride. The workbook functions
as an excellent reference point and learning aid both during and after
your course. The workbook includes useful tips on understanding the wind,
choosing your kiteboarding equipment, and a complete listing of kiteboarding