IKO Level 3: Independent Kiteboarder
Program (Click here for prices)
You will be able to ride upwind and attempt your first jump. In this
program you will learn how to manage your practice area and choose your
own equipment. Your kite flying skills will have improved and you will
learn how to control your direction and power and return to your starting
point. You will be able to fly more powerful kites and use a twin tip,
mutant or a smaller directional board.
- IKO Level 2 or equivalent skill.
- Get your level certified up to IKO Level 3 with the IKO Kiteboarder
- Become an independent kitesurfer.
- Buy your own equipment, in the knowledge that you have the ability
to use it safely without injuring yourself or others.
- Access to advanced clinic program.
- With time on the water and experience you can become an assistant
instructor and then onto IKO instructorship.
Analysis and Feedback
- We can provide video analysis for your course, giving you valuable
feed back on your performance and progression. We can arrange to put
this onto VCD as a souvenir of your kiteboarding experience.
- Rules of the road, right of way
- Basic weather knowledge
- Upwind riding
- Board recovery without a leash
- Ride a twin tip, although you will have probably learnt on one
- Change direction
- Jump theoretical approach
By the time you finish this course our goal is to turn you into an independant
kiteboarder who is aware of all the safety aspects of this new extreme