IKO Level 1: Discovery Kiteboarder
Program (Click here for prices)
The best way to discover kiteboarding! By the end
of this program, you will be ready to move to the next step: getting up
on the board! The first part of this program will take you through the
steps of piloting a 2 and 4 line kite, and body dragging in the water.
You will also learn about safety and how important it is to the future
of the sport. Furthermore you will be taken through the steps of equipment
set up, launching and landing.
- No experience needed
- Must be able to swim
- You will be certified up to level one with the IKO Kiteboarder Card.
- This entry level training will stand you in good stead, from here
you will be able to continue learning in complete safety.
Analysis and Feedback
- We can provide video analysis for your course, giving you valuable
feed back on your performance and progression. We can arrange to put
this onto VCD as a souvenir of your kiteboarding experience.
- Background of the sport
- Kites and kite Boards
- Riders kit
- Spot Assessment, weather, tides, wind direction, beach type and potential
- Hand signals
- Kite set up
- Safety systems
- Basic piloting skills
- Introduction to the wind window and clock system
- Launching and landing
- Safety system practice
- Harness piloting
- One hand piloting
- Self rescue simulation on land
- Equipment pack down
- Unhooked body dragging
- Hooked in body dragging
- One handed, up wind body dragging
- Water re-launch
- Self rescue in the water
- Deep water pack down
- Wind effects and wind awareness.